Find a Hearing Care Professional

Search for a Hearing Care Professional. You may enter your address in the search field below.
The more exact your information, the better we can find Hearing Care Professionals in your area.

The list of hearing care outlets below are displayed in order of their proximity to you. As fitting and follow-up services will be supported by the dispensers for the entire life of the hearing instrument, it is important that your hearing instrument specialist is within close proximity in order to provide you with the necessary care, trouble-shooting capabilities and advise whenever the need arises

What is a hearing care professional?

Hearing care professional is a term for a person or medical group that can test your hearing, diagnose your hearing loss and any related conditions, as well as fit you for hearing aids and offer follow-up services. Some examples of hearing care professionals follow.

Otolaryngologist (Ear, Nose, and Throat Physician)

An ear, nose, and throat doctor (ENT) has extensive training and can offer thorough hearing loss evaluations right at his or her office, in most cases. As a trained physician, an ENT can determine the cause of your hearing loss, evaluate whether hearing aids or other treatment are your best options, and check for any serious complications of which hearing loss may only be a symptom. Many ENTs employ an audiologist or hearing aid specialist to actually fit and maintain hearing aids, making the office a convenient one-stop shop. You may also find Medicare or your private insurer covers the exam (assuming you qualify for this coverage).


An audiologist is a trained professional with more than 1,000 hours of clinical training. Audiologists hold a doctorate or masters degree (Au.D.) and are certified by national and (depending on location) state board examinations. Audiologists may have private practices, work at a clinic or hospital, or work for a business that sells hearing aids. Audiologists can also identify problems related to hearing loss, such as issues with vertigo or balance, and recommend treatments in addition to hearing aids.

Hearing Aid Specialist

Hearing aid specialists also assess hearing and fit hearing aids. Like audiologists, hearing aid specialists may have private practices, work at a clinic or hospital, or work for a business that sells hearing aids.

Depending on where you go, audiologists and hearing aid specialists could be working in the same facility, so you may not know if the person working with you is an ENT, Au.D, or hearing aid specialist. The best way to make sure? Just ask.